Turn school performance issues into a head start for next year
The McNulty Counseling Team Specializes in helping children excel in academics.
There has been a 42% increase in children diagnosed with ADHD from 2003 – 2011. Now 11% of children in the US have been diagnosed with ADHD. Does your child fall into this category? Did your child under-achieve last school year? Did they receive poor behavioral marks on their report card? Do they seem unmotivated and disinterested in school? Is your student at-risk from repeating a grade? Are they suffering from depression or anxiety due to feelings of inadequacy from their performance in school? Low test scores? How much is the school setting detracting from your student’s learning and success?
We’ve learned that by shifting the learning environment from a school to a one-on-one, self-paced, and nurturing setting, we’ve seen student success drastically increase in comprehension and retention. At McNulty Counseling and Wellness we see this far too often so we created a tutoring program which focuses on a complete shift in your student’s learning environment and the results have been amazing. Our tutoring focuses on:
- Personally tailored education plan for your student
- A nurturing, encouraging environment, free of distractions
- Individualized attention to your student’s specific learning style
- create a realistic picture for long-term recovery
- Assignments to strengthen retention while also preparing them for next year
- Concise, targeted learning plans to improve deficits while boosting child performance in areas of strength
- Help build confidence on areas of weakness
- Improve focus and increase interest in areas through an enjoyable learning environment
- Increase retention from last year’s academics and decrease skill deterioration
- Fleixble tutoring to meet your demanding schedule
- Boost self-condience and erase poor academic self-esteem
Parents come to us every summer after report cards come home and feel completely helpless because they see the potential in which their students are capable. Not only do poor report cards have an emotional toll on the parents but the children we see suffering from self-esteem issues is plentiful.
Our tutoring plan focuses on concise plans to ensure your student works together with our licensed teacher so that they can continues their learning in a healthy way while also getting to enjoy their summer break. Research shows that summer break was detrimental for both math and reading skills, and that the amount of deterioration increased with grade-level. 2.6 months of academic progress is lost in reading, writing, and math throughout the duration of the Summer. McNulty Counseling and Wellness is happy to have Elizabeth Palozzi as our head tutor. She is currently a second grade teacher and has previously taught with primary (k-2nd) and intermediate (3rd – 6th) grade levels. She is both ESOL certified and ESE trained in Florida. In your initial consultation you can expect to sit down with Elizabeth to discuss your child’s strengths and weaknesses to identify your desired results. She’ll offer clarity and guidance to come up with measurable results catered specifically to your student’s needs.
Book Your ComplimentaryFree Appointment Now
Have Any Questions?
Reach out to us if you are unsure of what needs you have for counseling, questions about our mental healthcare practice, or about our Counseling Center in Saint Petersburg, Florida prior to coming to the office.
Give Us A Call: (727) 344-9867
Sign up for our email list to get monthly newsletters with the latest mental health tips, news, and more.